This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Working it

Christmas hit me like a ton of bricks. I got two scarves, two hats and a shawl done, though the hat didn't go (teenage romances rarely last, though I hear they've gotten back together--to late, however, for a hand knitted hat), and all the stuff for my div school reunion. I thought I'd have a respite to work on my own stuff before the new semester begins (with three classes, I don't expect I'll be doing all that much knitting). Then I got word of Stephanie's cancer, her chemo, and her desire for hats to cover her bald pate.

So far I've knitted one shawl, have two different hats on the needles (one in organic cotton, one in Malabrigo silk/merino blend) and have gotten a hat from my friend Nomi. Erick has cast his hat on, and is well into the ribbing. Lisa has finished knitting, and has some decorative work to do on her hat. I'll pst pictures when things are done (the shawl is done, but needs to have the loose ends sewn in).

There are several other things on my list to knit. Jeff's hat, Lyle's hat and scarf, Jeremy's hat and scarf, and I need to finish Steven's birthday present, which birthday was in October. But I don't know how long to make his vest, since I started knitting before I could measure him. Alas.

The one thing that really bothers me about taking three classes this term is that I probably won't have time to go to Nine Inch Needles on anything resembling a regular basis. It's one of the things that keeps me sane, but I reckon I'll have to forego it from mid January til mid May. Worse things have happened to nicer people.

No comments:

Post a Comment