This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

More hats, please

So I've gotten a few hats for my friend Steph, who has lost her hair to chemo. A few more are coming in, but these are the ones I've already sent to her. And I know that the package has arrived, but she hasn't checked her PO Box, so they are languishing there.

This hat was made by Nomi. Ultra alpaca (50% alpaca, 50% wool), it's a double rib all the way up. And very soft.
This hat was made by me. Malabrigo Silky Merino (51% silk, 49% wool). I like to think it looks like the ocean sky at sunrise ('cause Steph likes ocean colours).

This was made by Erick. Also Malabrigo Silky Merino, it really is ocean colours.

I need to make sure Steph goes to her PO Box today and gets her package. I also made her an alpaca shawl, much like the ones for Libby (see previous post), only in a dark wine-red.

More hats are on their way. I'm meeting with my friend Shirley on Sunday to pick up the ones she has made, and I hope on Monday the boys from NIN will have one or two for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment