This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hattery

I found out last night that one of the very few friends I'm in touch with from my high school days (there are four I'm still in touch with) has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Her hair has fallen out due to the chemotherapy she's been receiving, and she is not very happy about that. So I've decided to mobilise some of my knitting friends and have asked them to knit a hat for my friend. So far I've gotten a yes from Nomi, Lisa, Erick and Dana. I've got e-mails out to several others and am waiting to hear from them. I reckon this close to Christmas I probably won't hear from them til after the hols. However, if I can five or six hats together, I'll be happy.

Me? I'm making a shawl, out of chunky alpaca. Plus I'll throw together a couple of hats. Maybe a decent hat and maybe a silly one.

If you read this and I have not contacted you, and you are interested in making a hat for my friend, please e-mail me at 666p2w@gmail.com . Because a bald head need to be kept warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment