This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Noro Scarf: Tah-Dah!

I finished Heather's Noro scarf yesterday. It came out quite well, if I do say so myself. It's about 6.5 feet long, and about six inches wide. For all my complaining about Noro (especially the fact that they tie one colour to the end of another, and do so often), it came out looking quite good. I think if I do this again, I'll use two Colour As, one Colour B, and one Colour C, instead of two As and two Bs. that will give it a bit more variety. I must admit, though, while I was knitting the last few inches, I kept thinking, "when will this be done? when will this be done?" Long scarves do that to me. I want to finish them NOW, and the balls of yarn just keep sitting there, never getting any smaller. But eventually, I ran out of yarn and had to bind off. This is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment