This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Work in Progress

Along with all the hats I'm working on (knit two, purl two, knit two, purl two), I'm also working on a scarf for my friend Heather. I posted a picture of it some time ago, when it was about eight inches long. I'm almost done with it, and it's about four or so feet long now. I have a confession: The Noro skeins she chose have a bit too much earth tone stripes in them, and I'm not overly fond of earth tones. So when I come across those colours in tandem (on both skeins), I have to force myself to knit. Arrgghh!

But here it is, with several more hours of knitting to go.

This is the pattern by brooklyn tweed, and the pattern can be found here:
http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.com/2007/04/noro-scarf.html

No comments:

Post a Comment