This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Quarter Stitch, Or, Yarn Bought on Vacation Does Not Count Against One's Yarn Diet

I was in New Orleans for a few days, and if it's New Orleans, then it must be The Quarter Stitch!

The good news is that they're going to be putting up a website soon. Really soon. The photographer was there while I was perusing the yarns. And of course, perusing means buying!


First, they always wrap it so prettily. Curled ribbons and confetti hearts.


Malabrigo Rasta, colourway is Solis. Brandon said he wants a wardrobe of scarves, and chose this. I am really going to have to teach him how to knit if he wants a wardrobe of scarves.


Malabrigo Mecha, colourway hojas. I want to make cowls for my cousins Janice and Claudia, and will buy some matching colours from my local stores. But this stuff rocks!


Finally, some Welsh yarn. Colinette, colourway Thunder. It's pure wool, and I'm not sure what I'll do with  it, but it's pretty and will make someone a wonderful. . . something.

I've cast on the fifth Honey Cowl, this is tussah silk from The Artful Ewe. It's knitting up very prettily, though I think I should have gone up a size for the needles. Even so, I'm pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment