This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Finished Object Friday

So after writing an entire blog post (with pictures!), my computer decided to update everything and I lost what I had written. Since I wrote it Thursday morning, I have absolutely no memory of what I wrote (except that it was finished objects, and I was going to post it on Friday, as a Finished Objects Friday kind of post, as you do).

So, let's see. I finished Brandon's scarves, both of them. The first, in Mad Tosh DK, is Scarlet!


The second Irish Hiking Scarf to be finished. Just three more to go!

When I was in New Orleans, I bought some Malabrigo Rasta, which Brandon liked. For his wardrobe of scarves. Yes, I think I need to teach him how to knit. This knit up quickly, fat yarn on fat needles. A simple pattern of 2 rows of garter, 2 rows of 1x1 rib, repeat ad nauseum.
It's thick, it's heavy, it'll keep his southern self warm in our New England winters.

What's on the needles now, I hear you ask? What? You didn't ask? Cheeky. I'll tell you anyway. One honey cowl in tussah silk, that right now looks like death on a cracker. Needs a few more rows before it looks like anything a-tall. And I took that beautiful merino/silk yarn that I got in Provincetown at the Farmers' Market and am working a feather-and-fan pattern. I've done only three iterations of the pattern so far, so it looks worse than death on a cracker. Tonight I'll wind the Malabrigo Rios, in Ravelry Red, for my nephew's Irish Hiking Scarf. I like having three projects going at a time. Of course, it means I make no discernible progress on them a-tall, but it makes me feel industrious to have them going. As well, I sometimes feel overwhelmed and can't decide which one to knit at a given time, so I'll be sitting, surrounded by unfinished projects, unable to make up my mind which to work on. Such is the fate of the non-monogamous knitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment