This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Knit Night

For me, Friday night is Knit Night, when I go to the LYS where other like-minded fibre folk are gathered, to knit, crochet (sometimes weave!), and drink cider, beer, and wine. It's a sacred time for me, and I try not to book things on Friday nights.

However, the next three Fridays are going to see me absent from Knit Night. This Friday is the Fourth of July, and the store is closed. Some people have made noise about getting together somewhere (someone's house?), but nothing firm has been declared, and it's all inchoate. Next Friday the illuminating Franklin Habit will be speaking at the Common Cod Fiber Guild, and I do not want to miss that. He's funny, kind o' cute, and always a good reason to visit the Common Cod. And the Friday after that I will be on holiday, out of Boston and relaxing on Cape Cod.

Three Fridays in a row. This means I'll miss my sacred time, and the friends I see there. Of course there are other times I go to my LYS to knit. Tuesday afternoons I meet with a couple of people, some of whom don't come on Fridays. That's always a delight. And the defunct sweater club that meets on Wednesday nights usually sees my at my LYS, slaving away on a sweater. Yes, it's bulky yarn. Yes it's hot as hell. Yes the store is air conditioned, unlike my house. You do the math.

I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get over that I won't be at Knit Night for three weeks in a row. Maybe I'll have to buy some yarn to make myself feel better for missing so many weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment