This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Rainy Day Knitting

I've been on vacation this week, and haven't done a whole lot of knitting. But today was the rainy day of the week, and while tomorrow and the rest of the week promise to be sunny and warm, today was a day to spend in doors. I went to the house of some friends, and we sat around, eating, playing cards (well, only one hand was played, when I got 200 points and my opponent got 40 in a cut throat game of Rummy 500). Since everyone had their faces in their hand held devices (phones, iPads, whatevers), I cleverly brought my knitting with me. And I have to say, I got a fair amount of knitting done, almost completely done with the first skein of the fourth Honey Cowl.
There I am, knitting away at the House of Bear Cakes. I'm almost half way done on this project, and that makes me happy. This is pretty mindless knitting, no real counting or k2togs to keep you on your toes. So I was able to participate in the conversations flowing around me and get a whole heaping lot done on this cowl. Tomorrow is a busy day, and supposed to be a sunny one. I doubt I'll get as much done. But it's a good start to knitting on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment