This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Randomocity

Summer is a slow time, not a whole lot of knitting gets done, or so it feels. I've been working on the fourth Honey Cowl, and while I just added the second skein, I don't feel like I've made all that much progress. Maybe because I haven't done any knitting since Tuesday. Life has been busy, and I'm cat-sitting and she likes to play with my yarn. That's a major no-no.

Tonight is knit night, and I will have two projects with me, the Honey Cowl and the Irish Hiking Scarf. I think, whichever one I work on tonight, I shall put a stitch marker on the row sitting on the needles, and then count how many rows I finish tonight. Maybe that will give me some sense of accomplishment. Especially if I can see progress.

I was just looking at a flyer about the New England Fiber Festival, November 1 and 2, and I was thinking about going, asking friends to join me, and buying more yarn. Which is exactly what I don't need. More yarn. My goal next year is to knit at least one bin of my stash. Maybe all that gorgeous yarn I got on my Seattle trip last year, or maybe the gorgeous yarn I got at the NH Sheep and Wool Festival this year. Some wicked awesome yarns in both those bins! In any case, I need to check the vendor list for the festival, because I'm sure there are some I'd like to visit.

Two people have asked me to teach them how to knit. One wants to start next week, the other after Labor Day. I'm pretty excited about it, because it's always good to bring another person into the fold, create another devotee of yarn. I wonder what they will make?

No comments:

Post a Comment