This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Accessorising My Knitting

Many years ago I knew someone who had a t-shirt that read, "Every morning I wake up and give thanks for my God-given ability to accessorise." I am not that person. I cannot accessorise to save my life. I can't dress myself, either. I can, however, help someone else accessorise, and I can even tell someone what to wear to make themselves look good. This talent does not extend to myself.

Yesterday a friend gave me a new t-shirt. And even though it is a t-shirt, it is a knitting accessory.


It's a Knittin' Kitten. Or a Cowl Cat. I'm not sure which. But I look forward to wearing it, nonetheless.

Knitting is good for more than just yarn and achieving SABLE. It's good for accessories, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment