This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Herd of Knitters and WIPs

First, I want to post a picture that was taken by Jamie Tan, the Events Coordinator at Brookline Booksmith at the reading by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.


All the knitters are holding up their knitting, right before SP-McP came on to speak. I can actually see myself in the picture, holding up the Scarf That Never Ends. What a great night that was!

While I have many more than just two projects on the needles, right now I am concentrating on only two, the Cable Shawl for Adrienne, and Cilla's Honey Cowl. Seen below, is he Cable Shawl:


I have just begun the fifth skein (of six) and it is about 48 inches long. It will be wider when blocked, and I'm really happy with the way it's turning out.

The other thing I have on the needles that is taking my attention is:


This is the Honey Cowl I'm making for my friend Cilla. The yarn is Tosh DK, the colourway is Cove.
I've picked this up and put it down, and it goes slowly. I can get about four rows done in an hour, for all that it's 220 stitches. But I like it, and plan to make a few more of these.

My plan tonight is to go to my LYS and cast on the Infinite Sweater (I'm calling it that because the recipient is 6'5", and I'll be knitting stockinette for many rows). There is a group that meets to work on sweaters, and though it costs $20, I reckon I'll get some good advice. If I can get anywhere on the sweater, I'll post a picture later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment