This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

New Orleans!

I landed in New Orleans yesterday. When I left Boston, it was snowing. When I arrived in New Orleans, it was almost 70 degrees. In fact today, it is in the 70s, and I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. I've ditched the winter weeds and I'm enjoying the sun and a great breeze.

I made it to the Quarter Stitch this morning. No visit to New Orleans is complete without a stop by one of the friendliest yarn shops I've ever been in.

And they wrap the yarn up so prettily, it's like opening a present when you get it home.

I fell in love, again, with the Malabrigo Mecha! I'm thinking a cowl for one of my kinfolk, with these colours.
These are, from left to right, Paysandu, Indiecita, and Whales Road.

And I bought two more skeins of Whales Road to make something for myself. Not sure what, yet, but it sure is pretty (well of course I think it's pretty; it's mostly dark blue with some purple, and I couldn't resist it).

I brought a lot of knitting with me, and worked on the feather and fan scarf in Juniper Moon's Moonshine. I'm past the half way point, but it sure seems like it's moving slowly. I am not certain I want to cast on anything new while I still have this scarf on the needles. But I have so much more to make! I think I'll cast on one of the cowls on Monday. If I'm working on two projects, I'll think I'm making some sort of progress. Of course it really slows me down, but I feel better if I can stress over two things at a time instead of just one.


No comments:

Post a Comment