This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I know stuff is getting done, because I'm knitting my fingers to the bone. I'm a fat man with bony fingers. Sunday I spent the day with Hugh, and got a wicked lot of sewing in the loose ends done. Not the most glamourous part of knitting, but alas! the part that really must get done if we don't want our knitting to fall apart.

So, the goods on the needles.
The back panel of Brad's sweater, in Lamb's Pride Bulky. That's about 27 inches of fabric there, and I'm not quite done. About another six inches of knitting and I'll be able to put this on stitch holders, and begin the front panel.

This is the beginnings of a scarf for my niece. Her favourite colour is green, and this is Muniper Moon Moonshine. This colour is so rich in real life, and this picture does not do it justice. It's 40% merino, 40% alpaca, and 20% silk. You can feel the lanolin in it. And who doesn't love feather and fan.

This is the last version of my many iterations of the Honey Cowl. In Madeline Tosh Tart, it is a very fitting colour, since the recipient is known for her sharp colour sense,

I'm hoping to finish the cowl before I leave for New Orleans, but now that I've added the second skein, it looks like it isn't moving at all! Such a slow problem.

I have three projects I'm taking with me on my trip: the cowl, the scarf, and a mink neck warmer. It's all ready to go, and I leave in only 16 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment