This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fetishes

So the first (actually second) swatch did not make gauge. Three stitches to the inch instead of four

O Spite! O Hell!

But I did not let that deter me, and I changed needles and knit up another swatch. I'm waiting for that one to dry so I can see if I've got gauge or not.

Today is Boston Pride. Last night, before I arrived at knit night, some people were, apparently, talking about me. They wondered if I had lots of kinky leather fetish gear in my closet.

I can answer that I do not have any kinky leather fetish gear.
My fetish isn't leather.
My fetish isn't rubber.
My fetish isn't even feather boas and shoes with cha-cha heels.
My fetish is. . . .

Yarn.

Hand dyed merino. Kettle dyed Peruvian wool. Undyed alpaca. Merino-silk blends. I am awash in a world of natural  fibre yarns. My room is stacked with bins and bins and bins stuffed full of yarn.

Most of it's blue, because, you know, that's my favourite colour.

Who has time for kinky fetish gear when you can fill your life with knitty fetish yarns?

No comments:

Post a Comment