This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Knit Your Own Dog

I really miss having a dog in my life. However, I am currently living with an elderly cat who is a Diva, and my landlord does not allow dogs. So I guess I'll have to knit one of my very own. Luckily, I just picked up a new book that will let me do just that.

Knit Your Own Dog: Easy-to-Follow Patterns for 25 Pedigree Pooches, by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne is something I saw in the bookstore window, and I just had to have it.
The patterns include Greyhounds, Dachshunds, Irish Setters, Corgies, Sheepdogs Labrador Retrievers, and many others. Knit them all! And these dogs don't need to be house broken or walkies, rope bones or even milk bones!
This is the English Sheepdog.

This is the Corgi.


And of course, the black and tan Dachshund.

I'm going to search through my stash and see what I've got to make some of these pooches. A thundering herd of Dachshunds would make me very happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment