This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Progress Report, Double Knitted Swatch

So I've just passed the half way point in the test-swatch I'm making. I'm going to finish this, and use it as an objet d'arte, and give it to someone whom I know likes dragons very much. The scarf (and I just ordered the yarn yesterday!) will be done in yarn that is heavier than sport, but not quite DK, in baby alpaca. Same colour scheme. Though I will have to design the scarf and figure out how to get the symmetry that I want.



This is the black-dragon-on-red-background side.




This is the red-dragon-on-black-background side.

I really love double-knitting! And using a chart is challenging for me and making me stretch just a bit.
Again, this is not my design, and you can find the chart and other stuff about this at Tina13 on Ravelry.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dragonscarf

No comments:

Post a Comment