I got the yarn to make a dragon scarf for a friend of mine, a Christmas present (what? you don't start your holiday knitting in March? When do you get it all done?). At the Simmons GSLIS we're trying to revive a stitch and bitch, and I met with some classmates for lunch and knitting. I cast on for the double knit (always a challenge) and knit for three hours. I had about four inches of fabric knitted up when I discovered a mistake in the second row of the dragon pattern.
A rational person, which I am not, would have left it alone, a design feature rather than a mistake. But as I said, I'm not rational. I ripped back to the offending row, and then couldn't get all the stitches back on the needle. Damn No. 5s! So I ripped back three hours' worth of knitting and cast on again. I had time to knit two rows before I had to go meet with a professor (we were talking about competencies and how to test for them). I thought I might knit some when I got home last night, but I was knackered and didn't get a single row done.
I have a midterm tomorrow, but between studying for it, writing this post, and grabbing lunch, I might try to get a couple rows done. At least to the part where I start the dragon pattern.
Things would be so much easier if I were a product knitter instead of a process knitter.
The scarf, by the way, is being knit on US 5 needles, with Berocco Ultra Alpaca Light, which is more of a Sport / DK size yarn.