This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pining Projects

A friend of mine posted some pictures of things he has on the needles right now. I'm at school, procrastinating instead of researching a paper (aren't you lucky?). So no pictures here, but if I were to post what I have on the needles, it would include:
Alpaca hat for Libby
Grey sweater for me
Cream sweater for me
Brown sweater for me
Light brown sweater for me
Red sweater for me
Beige sweater for me
Dragon for Syd
Scarf for ... someone, not sure yet
Belt for Steven (like that's ever going to get finished!)

Mind you, most of these sweaters have been on the needles for a year or longer. I just don't have the time to knit stuff for myself, what with getting most of it done between semesters. Last summer I didn't work on a single project for myself, everything was either for Christmas or the Pushing 50 /Reunion Parties. Oh, and the reason the sweaters are all for me is because I will never knit another sweater for someone else ever again. Too much damn work. Hats and scarves and shawls, but not sweaters. Now, if I can ever get the sweaters done, I'll be the warmest bear in Boston.

And things in the wings, as it were, waiting to be cast on:
Hat for Joel (yarn is in stash!)
Scarf for Rob (yarn is in stash!)
Hat for Jake (yarn is in stasht!)
Fleur-de-lys scarf for ... someone (yarn is in stash!)
Shawl for ... someone (yarn is in stash!)

I'd say I've got enough to keep me busy for the first few months after graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment