This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Lack of knitting and eyeballs!

Standing in the midst of tubs and tubs of yarn, bags of as yet untubbed yarn, and unfinished yarn projects, I wailed, "I don't have anything to knit!"

Somebody needs to slap me.

Actually, after focusing all that energy on the holiday knitting, I'm feeling a bit at lost ends. I have a couple projects that want doing, finishing Brad's sweater, working on Troy's cowl, finishing Margaret's cowl. But I sort of also just want to take a little break right now, just a day or two.

Mother warned me there'd be days like this.

*********************************************************************************

In the quest to make my own Vitreous Humor Yarn, I have made 15 eyeballs. While I was in Pennsylvania, while we were watching Downton Abbey (the only time the TV is on during the weekend, and everyone but me is addicted to the show), I dunked bits of merino roving into hot, soapy water, and rolled eyeballs. Believe it or not, they're still drying. I hope that they will be dry and ready for the next step (needle felting for the iris, pupil, and a few bloodshot veins) very soon. Then to attach them to some Malabrigo Rasta yarn, and I can knit away at my own eyeball yarn!
Look! Fifteen eyeballs! I think I'll put the irises on the bits that have the creases, to hide them.

I think I'm going to make a spreadsheet for the projects I want to accomplish this year. I'll be able to track them better, and will know what's coming down the pipeline. And it helps to make me feel more official as a knitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment