This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

NH Sheep and Wool Festival: Can we do it?

I'm slaving away on the honey cowls. I've got one done, and a second is more than half done. I just might make my goal of 10 by Yuletide! Of course, I've got other knitting I'm ignoring, but hey, that's the way things go sometimes. Right now I'm doing something I never thought I'd do: I'm knitting monogamously. I've got my sights set on getting this cowl done, before I cast on the next. Let's see if I can keep it up.

This weekend is the NH Sheep and Wool Festival. My friend Huw (he spells it "Hugh" but I prefer the Welsh spelling) sent me a message asking if I wanted to go. Of course I do. What could be better than looking at sheep, and alpacas, and llamas, and yarn, and wool, and yarn, and spinning wheels and yarn and drop spindles and yarn? I have some definite things I want to be on the lookout for, and I hope I see them.

It isn't like I need anymore yarn, though. I'm attempting to excavate my room, and I keep finding yarn everywhere. I wonder where it all came from?

No comments:

Post a Comment