This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

More Yarn, Ye King Henry, More Yarn Ye Gie To Me*

So the resolution to not buy a lot of new yarn this year has gone all to hell. I'm up to 22 or 23 bins of yarn right now (I can't remember, and that's bad), and damned if I don't need to buy another bin for all the yarn I've gotten in the last five months. At this rate, I'll need to get another room just for my yarn. The bins tower so far over my head that I have a hard time getting them down.

Sic friat biscuitem, as my Latin teacher used to say. These are some of the wonderful yarns I have acquired.

From The Artful Ewe, I got some beautifully dyed silk yarn. These will make another honey cowl. Each skein is 165 yards, approximately 3 ounces. Hand dyed, they don't match exactly, so I'll interknit the skeins, using one skein for the knit rows, and one for the purl rows. Can't wait!

I also got these skeins, silk, like the ones above. I already know who is going to get this cowl.

From Good Karma Farm, the beautiful sport weight I was waiting for. This is a bit less purple and a bit more blue than the original I saw, but I'm not going to complain with a hand dyed skein of yarn. I already know who is getting what this knits up!

I really can't wait to get my needles into all this yarn!

Because I've been hosting my out-of-town inamorato, I haven't been blogging as much as I promised myself at the beginning of the year: twice each week. I don't think I'm going to make my self-imposed quota of posts this month. I'll try, but there is only so much even I can say about knitting.


*Today's blog title is taken from the traditional English Folk ballad, King Henry, Child 32, about how a grisley ghost demands King Henry to kill his hawk, hound, and horse to feed her, crying, "More meat, more meat, ye king Henry, more meat ye gie to me!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment