This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Baggies: the Most Important Item on Your Shopping List

I think my largest expense, after yarn, is zip-loc ™ baggies. I had to buy two boxes of them last night (I got the store brand, because they were buy one, get one free!), and there are only 17 in a bloody box. That's so not right. I used up most of the contents of one box, stuffing yarn into baggies this morning. Best protection I can think of to guard against those nasty beasties we will not mention, but who plague even the nicest of us.

Recent purchases, every string of yarn in this picture has a project attached to it. The problem is, when will I get to it? If I didn't have to work, eat, bathe, sleep, I might get everything I wanted to get knitted done. But projects! Attached to yarn I buy! That's a good thing, right?

On the needles right now, is yet another honey cowl, in Tosh's fabuloso Betty Draper's Blues. I love this colour! While my house guest was visiting last week, I got almost no knitting done. But this morning, I buckled down and knit six rows. That's 1320 stitches, and it still looks like I didn't knit a damn thing. It will get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment