This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Fibre Friday

The holidays are long gone, but they left behind some yarn under the tree for me. I finally got some pictures taken of my new yarns, and include them here.

From David, two skeins from A Hundred Ravens, a yarn store in Waltham (I'd include a link, but they seem only to have a Facebook page). The skeins are 100% merino wool, soft, and I am looking forward to getting them on the needles.

 This is Coffee and Cream. It looks good enough to pour into a mug. The picture doesn't do the richness of the colours justice.

This is Flaming June, and I am not sure if this will be a hat or a scarf or something else entirely.

My friends Steven and the Fabulous Carlene gave me this skein of yarn, 65% kid mohair,, 35% wool, from Moonshine Design at Keldaby.
 
I have never seen this yarn before, either, and am looking forward to getting it on the needles. Again, I'm not sure what I'll make with it, but it is soft and luxurious.
 
I have good friends who know what I like, and feed my yarn habit. All three of these skeins are things I am excited about knitting, and can't wait to get any of them on the needles.


No comments:

Post a Comment