This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Milestones

It's been a whirlwind week. I had a birthday, and hit one of the big milestones that ends in zero, and I graduated from Library School, taking my MS in LIS. No, I did not attend the graduation. I've been to enough graduations already, and the speaker for this one didn't excite me.

However, birthdays and graduations mean gifts, and one of the gifts I got was a knitting book! Imagine that, a knitting book! Who knew? Well, Franco and Adrian knew. And they also knew that yes, I did get up to watch the Royal Wedding last month. So what else could they send to such a knitter?



Yes, you can knit your own Royal Wedding, complete with Prince William and Kate Middleton, Prince Charles and Camilla, Prince Harry, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Prince Philip, and HM, the Queen. Oh, and the corgis. There is also a pattern for a royal guard, and patterns for clothing to make some guests. This was released before the wedding took place, so if one wants, one can knit the correct colours, and put the Queen in a yellow dress, and William in a red jacket, and Kate in long sleeves. I wonder if I could knit Princess Beatrice's hat?




1 comment:

  1. Seriously I think that 'little' fascinator would be a delightful item to knit just use some wire for framing the felted pieces!

    ReplyDelete