This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Librarian Who Knits

This post is remotely connected to knitting.

I have just applied for a job at a university library in the western part of my state. It is a job that I can probably do, though not one for which I specifically prepared. My focus was on cataloguing and rare books/preservation. In fact, preservation is what I think I'd really like to get into, though that is no longer the sexy, money-grabbing field it once was.

However, if I get this job, I will be in the general vicinity of Webs. If you think my yarn stash is big now (12 bins and counting!), wait til I've been around Webs for a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment