This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Plotz

A friend just asked me what I planned for my next project, and I just plotzed. Aside from having the Noro scarf on the needles (and I must confess, I am terribly bored with it right now), I've also got the double sided dragon scarf going. I figure that alone will take up 90 hours of knitting, not including frogging and tinking when I mis-stitch. Long ago I told Lyle I'd make a scarf and hat for him, and he has sent me a cheque for the yarn. As soon as that comes I'll pick up some Cascade Eco Duo for that project. Jeremy wants a green and black Pastaza hat that will be so fun to make. I'm thinking of making the Stripey hat, by torirot. I've got a shawl and scarf for a married couple of my acquaintance, in alpaca. Simple patterns, they won't take me more than a week each, if I set my mind to them. Of course, finding the time for all this is what vexes me. And I'd like to finish at least four of the sweaters I already have on the needles for myself. I must admit, the unadorned grey one is a bit boring to work on. But the Rowan British Sheep Breeds, in the Bluefaced Leicester, is the one I really am looking forward to wearing next winter. All the pieces except the collar are knitted. I need to join front and back, make the collar, attach the sleeves and sew it up. And I'm sure there will be other projects to work on, as well. I've got some ideas for hats and shawls and scarves for Christmas presents this year, and yes, I've already started my Christmas knitting, back in March. What?

I will post pictures as each of these projects is completed. Might even post 'em whilst they're on the needles. Now if I could only get as enthused about my schoolwork as I am about my knitting....

No comments:

Post a Comment