This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The (Knitting) Gods Must Be Angry

I swear, the moon must be in klutz. I've had a series of mishaps befall my knitting over the last few days. In my striped hat for Joel, the decrease pattern got all messed up and there were more stiches on the needle than there were supposed to be. I frogged it back to right before the decreases start, and even managed to get the yarn back on the needles (no small feat for me), though I will have to tink back one row of 96 stitches in order to get things right before I can re-knit and begin the decreases anew.

Then I mis-knit the eye of my dragon scarf. I tinked back a row and a half and just when I thought I was clearn, I dropped another stitch. With the help of a friend, I got that back on the needles (I suck at picking up dropped stitches, and it really is something I need to learn how to do), and now I've got to go and re-count the stitches and make sure everyone is in the right place.

This too, shall pass. Or as one friend used to always say, "Worse things have happned to nicer people."

In better news, we had a lively time at Nine Inch Needles last night. Eight knitters and one visitor, and we talked about everything from patterns to yarns to Lurid Digs. No, I won't supply a link. Some things are better left to the imagination. Lurid Digs is an excellent reason not to have nekkid pictures of oneself taken. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment