This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Sound the Retreat!

So, trolling the knitting blogs as I am wont to do, I discovered that there is a men's knitting retreat in May next year, at Easton Mountain in New York. This is most auspicious for me, since it falls on the weekend of both my birthday and my graduation from library school. I had already planned not to attend my graduation ceremony, since I've been through a couple of masters' ceremonies already, and I have no living family whom I can invite. Friends don't inflict graduation ceremonies on friends, so what would be the point? Plus it's a major birthday for me, one of those ending in zero. What better way to celebrate both a major birthday and the completion of yet another degree than sitting around knitting with a bunch of guys? Plus I've heard the swag is going to be wicked pissa awesome.

Registration will be opening sometime this month. I will forward the information to a couple of knitters I know. Maybe they'll be able to go, too. Maybe some of us could carpool there, since I am not quite sure how to get from point A to point B. And I wonder what projects I'll take with me, and what kind of knitters will be there, and what we'll do, and where we'll go, and what kind of stuff will happen. Beyond knitting, I mean. 'Cause I know I won't be able to knit for four days straight without some other things going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment