This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Monday, October 18, 2010

On Being a Yarn Whore

I bought yarn this weekend. which is precisely what I don't need right now. As mentioned in yesterday's post, I have nine bins of yarn. And other extraneous yarn strewn about the flat. I need more yarn like I need a hole in the head.

But I am a yarn whore.

So, I bought some beautiful green eco-wool + to make a sweater. Three skeins ought to do it. And I bought some brown eco-wool to make a vest for someone. And then on Sunday I bought some more eco-wool to make a vest for me. And of course, there was this beautiful mohair just sitting there, calling my name, "Ken, knit me." How could I resist the siren call of mohair? It's so soft and fluffy and pretty. So I'll make an easy shawl with it, but for whom?

I really have to stop walking into yarn stores. I don't need any more yarn. I could dress a small village with what I've got in my stash.

But I can't resist.
Because I am a yarn whore.

No comments:

Post a Comment