This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Knittery

In my  Digital Libraries class, we learn that when creating a digital library, one must have a mission statement and a vision. I'll skip the vision for now, and think about the mission.

In the six or so years that I've been knitting, I've become both a fibre snob and a yarn whore. I'm becomming more involved with it, and as I enter my last year of graduate school, I am beginning to think I don't so much want to be a librarian, as much as a yarn store co-owner. Rather than catalogue books, I'd like to catalogue yarn.

My intent is to use this as a knitting blog, albeit with some forays into other topics. But by and large a place where I can talk about my knitting, and what I'm trying to do with it. I'm not a designer, or a fibre-guru. Just a guy who likes to knit, and who obsesses about it from time to time. Sometimes I'll even try to post pictures here of things I'm working on or have made. Maybe even talk about my stash, which is beginning to get out of control.

Knitting. The K is silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment