This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stash Sunday: What's Happening to Me????

Historically, I've been drawn to shades of blue, grey and sometimes black when buying yarn. I have more blue yarn than any knitter should have in his stash. But recently my eye (and hand) has been drawn to undyed, natural colour yarn. Shades of white, cream, grey, beige, brown and chocolate brown yarns sit on the shelves and call my name. What is happening to me? I used to be into colours (well, shades of blue, anyway). I used to eschew browns and beiges as boring and tiresome. But now I can't get enough of them. I will admit, I'm more attracted to the darker shades, rather than the lighter, but still, the undyed yarns want me to want them.

This is the newest addition to my stash. I passed up all sorts of beautiful colours to buy these skeins. These are Plymouth Yarns Homestead, pure wool. I've never seen it before, but I am really happy with it. I am thinking a couple of hats, Fair Isle style.

No comments:

Post a Comment