This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can!

I am hard at work on my holiday knitting. Yes I am. Don't look at me like that. OK, I'm typing my blog right now, but really, I've had my big Italian nose pressed to the grindstone trying to get this stuff done. There's a small glitch, though. The diamond pane scarf I'm working in merino/alpaca is working my last nerve. It's a twelve row pattern and it is looking mighty fine, but I'm so horribly bored with it. And I could put it aside, but it is a holiday present that has to be finished. I reckon I've got eleven more repeats of the pattern to complete before it's done (11 x 12 = 132 rows). If I weren't sitting at the computer typing this blog entry, I'd be knitting it right now. Really. No, really.

In the fourth version of the Noro Striped Scarf, I've finally attached the second Skein A and Skein C. So that means I'm just past half way done on this scarf. I hope to have this one done by the new year. Because it isn't a holiday present, and other stuff takes precedence over it.

I need to go through my stash and find the purple Rios Malabrigo I have (I know there are at least two skeins of it), so I can make this scarf:
Of course mine will be mostly purple, and n ot all varied like this one (and no, I did not take this picture, it's from the pattern on Ravelry). The pattern can be found here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ameeta-scarf

I think this will be really pretty in the Rios, and I hope the recipient (a nine-year-old girl) likes it.

If I hadn't moved this summer I'd have all this knitting done by now, and could be working on some of the sweaters I have on the needles for me. Dammit.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Ameeta scraf, so sculptural, and the colors are beautiful. Sorry you are having trouble loving the diamond pane scarf. I am in the same boat with my Tea Leaves cardigan. I have been doing a few sleeve rows here and there and it never seems to grow. So close to being finished too. Will you be at Stitch House Knit Night this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to starting this.
    Balking on a project has happened before, I'll get over it.

    I'm planning on being at Stitch House this week.

    ReplyDelete