This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Yet another Noro scarf!

OK, so I know I said that I wouldn't make any more of these! So sue me!

This one is made with Noro Kureyon instead of Silk Garden. It is a bit rougher, more wool-like (imagine that!) than the Silk Garden ones. It will be for the reunion in January.



The colours are very warm and bright, and I love the intense reds, purples, and blues. I like the bumble bee-like stripes on the lower left (bottom picture). The person for whom I made this likes colour, and this, I think, at least, fits him and his personality. Now, if you can ever get him to play House of the Rising Sun -- heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment