This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Still Crazy After All These Years

So a while back I mentioned that I went through my stash box and picked up a project I'd begun seven years ago, and put aside. Well, it's done. Hooray! I've even sent it off to a friend. I hope it fits him. Now I want to make one for myself. In blue, of course. But I'm going to figure out how to do  it in the round, because I really hate seaming things.

Here is a picture of the seven-year-hat.


I know, it's very dark. I took several pictures of it, and they all came out this dark, and yes, the flash was used. The main colour is rich purple, the lighter colour is lilac, and the third colour is black.

If I can figure how to make it in the round, I'll be very happy. I've already got the yarn, and it's already cast on flat, because I cast it on when I cast this one on, seven years ago. But this time I hope there won't be a seam.

No comments:

Post a Comment