This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Friday, July 22, 2011

It's been a long time since I last posted

It has been too damn hot to knit. I never thought I'd say that, since last summer I whipped up six shawls in alpaca (and bought an air conditioner in order to do it), but packing for my move and a lack of internet at home has made both knitting and blogging just a tad difficult.

Currently on the needles a seven year old project, abandoned and re-taken-up. It's a hat in cotton and I'll post pictures when I can. Meanwhile, the Christmas knitting list has begun, and I know what I'm making (and what yarn I'm using) for a few people on my list. I'm giving out about five things this year, and I've got the yarn for four of them, the patterns chosen, and one of them actually started! The last one I've picked out the yarn, but not bought it yet. Since I'm no longer in school, I'm a little more relaxed this year about getting my holiday knitting done before September, though as it's almost August, I shouldn't get too relaxed. I'll try and post pictures of the yarn and discuss the patterns, after I move.

Oh, and one final thing. Whilst packing, I found my copy of Knitting With Balls, by Michael del Vecchio. I repacked it, of course, but all my knitting books are in a couple of boxes, and are labeled so. They will be the first ones I open in my new digs.

No comments:

Post a Comment