This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Double-Knitting, Please

I have decided to get over my doldrums of feeling unchallenged by taking on a double-knitting project. I had done a couple scarves last year, one a Harry Potteresque striped scarf, and another a checkerboard scarf. While fun and interesting, I want something more of a challenge. So this morning, in black and red Lamb's Pride worsted weight, I cast on 80 stitches. Mind you, this is just a test swatch to see how it turns out. The pattern calls for 40 stitches (not including the border, which I may or may not do. Of course this means that it is awfully wide for a scarf, but I want to see how it turns out. If I like it, I'll make it a real scarf, and if it is just too wide, I'll felt it and turn it into a trivet and send it to a friend who really loves dragons. Or something like that. I don't have a picture of my own knitting, since I just got the first three rows done, but this is what it will look like when finished. If I do it right. This picture was taken from Tina13 on Ravelry, and I have provided a link to her page and the pattern.


This is by Tina13 on Ravelry.
A link to her Ravelry page is here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dragonscarf

No comments:

Post a Comment