This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Knitting Buddies

I am taking this week off, and one of my plans is to get the rest of my holiday knitting done. On Monday I met with my friend Nomi in the early afternoon, and then last night I met with my knitting group, Nine Inch Needles (a post about them another time). Today my friend Kim is coming over to knit (plus go to see Harry Potter), and tomorrow or Friday my friend Erick will come by for some knitting. Sunday NIN might get together at someone's house for more knitting. I've got three more holiday projects to finish up: two scarves (one is on the needles!), a scarf which needs to be frogged and re-cast on, and a hat that is making me weep. The yarn is gorgeous, the pattern is going to drive me to drink. But I shall persevere.

Yesterday's meeting with Nomi was fun and relaxing. We met at a local ice cream shop (and yes, ice cream was consumed!) and just got all caught up. I'm wearing my new Boukhara kippah that I bought right before we met. I've always wanted a Boukhara kippah (don't ask me why, I just really like them), and Nomi took a picture of me wearing it.


We are both knitting hats, Nomi a hat for a homeless shelter, and me, a hat for my friend Jeff, who lost the hat I made for him a couple years ago. The afternoon went by too quickly, but it was such fun to reconnect with Nomi and to knit (and eat ice cream!) together.

No comments:

Post a Comment