This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Finished Objects

I have almost finished my Christmas knitting. I've got one hat and one scarf to go. But the rest of it is done, as well as the stuff for the reunion party that was rescheduled from October to January. My friend Jesse took these photographs of all my FOs.


Alpaca Shawl for someone

Alpaca Shawl for Steven

Three Shawls, Alpaca, dark blue for Libby,
light blue for Gayle, purple for Carlene

Me, modeling Libby's shawl

Jake's Scarf. Malabrigo, double knitted

Alyssa's Scarf. Alpaca, Irish Hiking Scarf

John's scarf, Blythe Baby Camel.

Some hats,Cascade Pastaza, Nashua Wool

All the Goodies!

Me with all the Goodies!

I still have Madison's hat on the needles, it will be a heathered purple in an Alpaca (90%) / Wool (10%) blend. Plus a scarf for KWL (pronounced, "Cool," because she is), done in horizontal stripes, but double knitted, in the same colours s the checker-board scarf. I am hoping these won't take me too long.

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! And I feel like an idiot because I just got back from Mom's but forgot to take a photo of her with the shawl you made her. I'll try to figure out a way to get one.

    ReplyDelete