This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

New Hats and Stash Busting

While I haven't posted much, I have been trying to knit some every day. I completed two hats, made from yarn that I got at Forever Yarn, one for me and one for Brandon. I had noted that I kept buying yarn there, but never knitting it up. So I finally sat down and used some yarn from that store. Here are the results:

The yarn is Woolfolk and the yarn is super soft Merino. I can't tell you what the colourways are, since they don't really list them on their website, so we'll call them Grey and Creme. That works for me. I had a lot of fun making these hats since the wool was so wonderful to work with.

I have been thinking of other things to make with yarn bought at this particular shop, and I'm scouring Ravelry for patterns. The first time I was there I got some gorgeous Shibui Silk Cloud in a red colourway that has since been discontinued. I have three skeins, 330 yards each, and I'm at a loss for what to make. The patterns I seem to like most blend the Silk Cloud with other yarns, and I'm trying to stash bust, not buy more yarn.
I can't remember the name of the colourway, but I'm so disappointed that they discontinued it. This is a true "fuck-me-red".

I've been thinking of stash busting, and last night I cast on and knit the first four rows of some Baah La Jolla (in London Blue). No pictures yet, since four rows of garter in fingering weight yarn doesn't look like anything, but my plan is to make the Dragon Scale scarf, and you can see it by clicking the link dragon scale scarf.  I think it's really pretty. If I make this for the three friends at our annual Div School reunion, that's three skeins out of my stash. I know I have some purple La Jolla, so now I need to check the stash for other colours.

I like the idea of stash busting. I think I'll make a list of who should get what, and get started on some of these projects. And I hope I'll be able to post some of them before too long.





No comments:

Post a Comment