This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Oops! I did it again!

Some days it doesn't matter how bearish one might be, one is really like Brittney Spears. I have a couple days off from work because of Rosh HaShannah, the Jewish New Year (Happy 5776!). I thought I'd do a little work around my room, organising yarn, putting books on the shelves, hoovering the rugs, putting the yarn in zip loc baggies, and so on. Then I uncovered the new bin I'd bought a few weeks back to hold my new yarn, and began filling it. And filling it, and filling it. Until it overflowed. Oh dear. As dear Brittney would say, "Oops, I did it again!" I need another damn bin.

My yarn acquisition is definitely getting the better of me. Because I really need to buy a new bin or two to handle the yarn I've got sitting on the bed. And on the sofa. And on the desk. And on the bureau. Oh, and I need to store the yarns I got while in New Orleans; they're still in my suitcase. I think I'm up to 28 or 29 bins. I might as well make it an even 30. Don't let's even talk about the Christmas ornaments I've been collecting for the last four years, even though I haven't put up a Christmas tree since 2008 (because, you know, this is a blog about knitting and yarn, not Christmas ornaments). I don't even want to think about the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl that's coming up this week. I need to sit in a lotus position and chant, "I don't need more yarn, ohm. I don't need more yarn, ohm." *le sigh* Of course, I won't need more yarn until I become a Buddha, and I don't think I can become a Buddha until I knit my entire stash. On the other hand, if I've achieved SABLE, then I might live forever trying to become a Buddha!

But I've got plans! I've got big plans! I've acquired some kick-ass patterns for next year's knitting. And I've even been choosing the yarns from my stash that I want to use. I'm really really really going to try to stick with stash yarn! Really! Unless I discover I don't have the right colour (not everyone wants to wear blue). Or the right fibre (because some people are allergic to wool, but not alpaca). Through the good offices of Ravelry, I've gotten the following patterns: Ho'okipa shawl; Inland Sea; and Twin Leaf (all available on Ravelry!). I've got my knitting set out for me once I finally finish this year's holiday knits.

Now, off to Boutique Target so I can buy more bins. Because I'm damn sure going to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment