This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

N is for Neville

I have hit a snag. A small snag. I'm bored with my knitting. Not bored with knitting, but bored with my knitting. Right now I have several projects on the needles, and they're all about garter stitch, no stockinette. Cue Megan Trainor.


I'm working on a garter stitch baby blanket. I'm knitting blocks in various colours that will be stitched together when done. Garter. Stitch. Blocks. I must have been perfectly evil in a past life to deserve this. I'm working on a cowl that is supposed to be an all garter stitch scarf, but my friend wanted a cowl, so I'm knitting 206 stitches of garter and then 206 stitches of purl, so it looks like garter.

And I am so terrifically bored with these two projects that I'm not knitting when I have the chance at home.  I know I have to finish them, but would it be wicked of me to work on them just a little bit and then work on something just a bit more, oh, I don't know, a bit more fabulous? A double knit scarf? Or maybe I should learn to make the stuffed bears, snowmen, and platypus toys that are so charming? Or a kick-ass shawl? Or some lace?

Oh, and the Blue Water Cowl?
I hit a snag on the Blue Water Cowl and I don't want to talk about it.
I have to tink back an entire row.
said I don't want to talk about it.

I think I'm going to think about corgis instead.



N is for Neville is from the Gashleycrumb Tinies, by Edward Gorey, 1963

No comments:

Post a Comment