This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cool as a Cucumber

I am calm. I am collected. I am cucumberesque.
I am calm. I am collected. I am cucumberesque.
I am calm. I am collected. I am trying not to freak the fuck out with all the knitting I want to get done before the holidays kick me in the nuts.

So I think I have it in hand. I'm knitting an Irish Hiking Scarf for my nephew in Malabrigo Rios, Ravelry Red. The texture is really different from the Madeline Tosh ones I've already made. I've forgotten how pleasant it is to knit with Rios.


I keep track of the rows by making a hash mark for each row completed, I am alternating colours for days: black on even days, red on odd. And measuring it at the end of each day. Since I have Thursday and Friday off this week, I hope to finish it before Saturday. I reckon I have about 18 more iterations of the pattern to complete.
This is the card where I'm tracking my progress.

I've divided the weeks of the month for each project. This week is the nephew's scarf.
Next week are the scarves for Tim and Mike, some friends of mine. I'll be doing the same pattern for them, and it's a fast pattern, so I reckon I'll get them done in a week.
The third week of October is for my niece's scarf. Not sure what I'm doing there, nor how long it will take.
The fourth week of October is for Kristen's cowl. Not sure of the pattern yet, but I do have the yarn.
The month of November is put aside for Brad's sweater, Steven's neck warmer ('cause he's a guy, it isn't a cowl), and maybe the fingerless gloves for Lauren and Rachael.
The first two weeks of December are put aside for the Grace Jones cowls for Maddy and Grace.
Steven's warmer and the cowls for Grace and Maddy can wait til January if they must, since I won't be seeing them until then.

I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment