This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Today is Mithrasmas. I did not get all my holiday knitting done (bad knitter, no biscuit!), nor did I get what I completed into the post to reach the recipient today. I am a bad knitter. Well, I'm a fairly decent knitter, and have mastered knitting, purling, knitting in the round, decreases, double knitting, Fair Isle technique, and lace. I mean I'm a bad person who is a good knitter. So I am drowning my shame in chocolate and fudge and eggnog.

I did, however, manage to finish two projects. The first is the hat for my niece.
This hat is made of Aslan Royal Alpaca, and was done on US 6 and 7 needles. My niece's favourite colour is green. My nephew's favourite colour is red, and I have another hat on the needles, exactly like this one, except that it is red and white, rather than green and white.

This is a hat for another friend.
Madeleine Tosh Superwash worsted, in Jade. This is a simple double rib, knit for 10.5 inches. It fit him perfectly.

Of course I still have a hat and a half to knit, a cowl, and a scarf. Plus two scarves for Grace and Maddy that I promised them a year ago. It never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment