This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Feather and Fan

I just finished a silk lace scarf for a friend. I've never made a feather and fan pattern before, and I really enjoyed it. The pattern came from Mind's Eye Yarns and can be found here: http://www.mindseyeyarns.com/resources/patterns/brushed-mohair-scarf.htm

The yarn I used was Tao by Colinette, 100% pure silk. I've got two more of these on the needles for other friends, and am thinking of adapting the pattern to make a shawl. That idea sends goose bumps all over me, since I think it would make a terrific shawl. I'll also search Ravelry for feather and fan patterns, just to get a better idea about them.

This still needs to be blocked and I need to sew in the loose ends, but I'm really happy with it.
Now I've got a week to finish two more of 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment