This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

WIP Wednesday

It isn't that I've been neglecting my blog, but you know, I've been dealing with the aftermath of the shootings at Pulse in Orlando, the sadness, the rage, organising, and raising money for the survivors. I've been busy.

But I've also been knitting, and these are the things that have been keeping me busy. The first, a shawl for my friend Paul. Knit from Good Karma Farm yarn, I got the Spruced Goose (the bluish yarn) at the NHS&WF (May, 2015) and the Steel Grey at the Fiber Festival of New England (November, 2015). It's knitting up really nicely and after a few false starts, is coming along.


The other project on the needles is Death of the Moon (Josh Rykes) for Adrienne. In Baah La Jolla, Black Pearl and Pretty in Pink. It has a kind of 50's feel, and it reminds me of the pink and black Bridge Mix candies.
I know it's not for everyone, but I love black licorice!

This is what the shawl looks like so far. I've completed up to section 6 and have just started section 7. It's slow going because it's gotten too hot to knit outside, but I try to get a few rows in every day.

I love this pattern, and plan on making five or six more iterations of it before all is said and done. I have a couple hats on the needles that want attention, but I'm ignoring them (hands over ears, eyes shut, singing, "La, la, la, la, la!") I also promised a friend I'd make a hat for an auction he's holding for charity, so I need to root through my stash and find something that will work for that. I'm busy knitting, just not as prolifically as I'd like. And I'm sorry for neglecting my blog. I'll try to be a more faithful writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment