This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Monday, March 25, 2013

New Bins

I know I said that I was going on a yarn diet this year, but the well laid plans of mice and men oft gang awry. And man, have my plans gone totally awry.

I have had to buy some new bins to hold my yarn.
Three of these four bins are now filled with yarny goodness. One of them actually is holding my projects-in-process, two hold yarn, and one holds, well, nothing quite yet. But I thought it might be a good idea to get an extra bin, in case I need it.

In other news, I finished another Noro striped Scarf, for my friend Carlene.
This is done in Kama, probably the softest Noro I've ever knitted with, and is:
26% wool
25% alpaca
25% silk
12% cashmere
12% angora.

The colours are muted, but I like it. However, even though this is four skeins, there are only 75 metres on each, so the scarf is just about four feet long. Now I need to get it to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment