This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hats for the Holidays

Living in New England one's ears often get cold in the winter time. What could be better, then, than hats to keep heads warm, even if they aren't heads in New England.

This is Jake's Tychus hat, in chunky Malabrigo. School colours, of course, to match the scarf he got last year.
This is Jake's scarf from last year. It looks a bit brighter than the hat, but the yarns are actually the same dye lots.


Tim's hat in Noro Silk Garden. I didn't realise that there were only 109 yards, and realised that there wasn't enough yarn to make four inches of ribbing, so I ripped it back and decided an inch and a half of ribbing would suit.  I had my doubts about the earth tones, but it did come out well.


Mark's hat, in Berroco's Ultra Alpaca. Mark likes the colour green, so rather than make a solid hat, I thought I'd do a bit of Fair Isle.

These are the hats for the holidays. When they're done, I'll post the Scarfs for Solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment