This is mostly a knitting blog. Sometimes pictures of things I've made, sometimes not. I'm a guy who knits, I usually attend a men's stitch 'n' bitch on Monday nights, and I prefer natural fibres to artificial ones. I have a love-hate relationship with bamboo yarns: I love what they can do and how they look, I hate how they are made. I've been knitting since about 2003, though I really didn't get into it until 2005, while convelescing with a broken leg. I must have discovered something good, 'cause I'm still knitting years later.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Bad News / Good News

First, the Bad News. I found out this weekend that one of my favourite yarn stores closed. Sheep Street, in Canton, MA, was a small store that packed a powerful punch. I always found something cool to knit with when I visited Sheep Street. The owner was kind, helpful, and always had a smile. I'll really miss this store.

However, the bad is ballanced with the good. This weekend I discovered a new yarn shop, The Creative Stitch, in Hingham, MA. The owner was extremely helpful, friendly, and made me laugh. She also showed me her personal yarn stash. To say that she has achieved SABLE is a vast understatement. After seeing her stash of yarn, I will never again state that I have too much yarn. Never. I only have 13 bins. She has well over 125 (I think the highest number I saw on one of her bins was 138). A lovely little shop, friendly and welcoming. Whenever I'm on the South Shore, I think I'll tug my friend Lisa's sleeve, and say, "Hey, let's go to The Creative Stitch."

Ave atque vale, Sheep Street.
Hello, Creative Stitch. I think we're going to have a beautiful friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment